Supreme Court - Color Glass MugLSM027M
Shortly after, the Constitution Of India came into force, the Supreme Court of India held its inaugural sitting on 28 January 1950 prior to which the Supreme Court used to function within the building of the Parliament of India.
The Chief architect Mr.Ganesh Bhikaji Deolalikar was the first Indian to head the CPWD and designed the building in an Indo-British architectural style. He was succeeded by Mr.Shridher Krishna Joglekar. The building is shaped to project the image of scales of justice with the central wing of the building corresponding to the central beam of the scales from the ends of which the scales hang.
The Central beam comprises the Chief Justice’s Court, the largest of the courtrooms at the Centre with two Court halls on either side. The right wing of the structure consists of the Bar room, the offices of the Attorney General of India & other Law officers and the library of the Court. The left wing consists of offices of the Court. There were two extensions one in 1979 and another in 1994. In 1979, two new wings - the East Wing and the West Wing - were added to the complex. In all there are 15 Court Rooms in the various wings of the building.
Artist: Anchal Agarwal Bansal
Microwave safe. Gentle hand wash recommended.
Product Code - LS55.9